Brandi's Low Carb Drive-Thru Guide

Hi friends! I love the feedback that I'm getting from many of you that my blog and tips are really being helpful to you and your desire to live a low carb life! Always feel free to leave me (nice) comments! What I hear from many people is that switching to this lifestyle is a challenge because you are on the go all of the time! And to that let me just say, "Girl (or boy), I know!" Life is CRAZY and sometimes we just get hungry and need to grab something and keep going. So everyone knows that things that you make at home that come from fresh meats and veggies and don't contain all kinds of preservatives and things we can't pronounce are best for you, but sometimes they simply aren't practical. I've provided you with a few of my favorite fast food low carb meals to help you make a quick decision when your time is limited. Happy low carbing! Let me know about your success!


Burgers

Hardee's, Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers, and Five Guy's Burgers and Fries will lettuce wrap any of their burgers!! At Hardee's, my personal favorite is the bacon cheeseburger. Just be sure to always order your burger without ketchup, it adds extra carbs and automatically comes on some of their burgers. I can't remember which ones so I just always ask for no ketchup. At Freddy's, I like the bacon and cheese double steakburger and at Five Guy's I like the little bacon cheeseburger. An added bonus at Five Guys is that there are peanuts to snack on!

If you are an East Tennessee native Pal's Sudden Service is another great option. Although they don't lettuce wrap their burgers they will put them in a nice, neat little tray for you and give you a knife and a fork when you order no bun. Their chipped ham and cheese sandwich and hotdogs are also great bunless choices. If you're not from around these parts, Pal's is a MUST STOP if you're ever passing through! It's a local staple.
Pal's Sudden Service in beautiful East Tennessee



Sub Shops

Subway, Jersey Mike's, and Charley's Steakery all offer their sandwiches as salads. I especially love Jersey Mike's because you can get their oil and vinegar mixture as your dressing. Jimmy John's and Which Wich both offer lettuce wrapped sandwiches! 
Which Wich's Lettucewich is always tightly wrapped and easy to eat

Chicken

Chic-Fil-A is one of my favorite low-carb, quick stops. They are consistently delicious, always friendly, exceptionally clean, and most importantly they have Diet Dr. Pepper on tap! They have lots of salad options, but most of them contain some carb-filled ingredients that you will have to ask them to leave off or take off yourself. I prefer to keep it simple and order grilled chicken nuggets and a side salad. I always get their avocado lime ranch, it's one more net carb compared to their regular ranch ( three net carbs instead of two), but it's flavor packed and I never use all of it. 
Zaxby's has lots of great salad options. My favorite is the blackened blue with ranch. I like the flavor of the blackened chicken over the grilled chicken and I LOVE blue cheese crumbles. If you get a salad from Zaxby's just be sure to leave off the onion straws, they add extra carbs and you really won't miss them. 

Chic-Fil-A's avocado lime ranch offers a nice flavor change when you are eating a lot of salads 

Mexican


Barberitos is an excellent option to grab a taco salad. You can add cheese sauce, guacamole, and sour cream to pump up the flavor and fuel your body with fat. Most Mexican restaurants provide quick service and pick up options, so a taco salad is always a great choice to have in your back pocket.

Pizza 

Pizza Inn will make you a "pizza bowl" if you request it. Also, a couple of my local pizzerias offer crustless pizzas. Both of these refer to all of the toppings and sauce you love from pizza baked without the crust. Many pizzerias also offer excellent salads and chicken wings! If you have time to call ahead and pick up this is an excellent quick option. 

There you have it, my favorite quick, low-carb meal options. If you've found any other options that are quick, delicious, and low-carb feel free to share in the comments!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Story

Helpful Low Carb Snacking Tips