Helpful Low Carb Snacking Tips



Brandi's Top 10 Low Carb Snacks

These snacks have been an important part of my 87-pound weight loss.

Hey Friends! 
I had a friend ask me for some low carb snack ideas so I thought I would share my top 10 snacks with you, as well as, give you some tips for how I keep snacks with me on the go.

#1
Veggies and Ranch

I LOVE raw veggies and ranch. My favorites are celery, cauliflower, and green pepper, but you can also do cucumbers and broccoli. Hidden Valley Makes convenient little dipping cups that are easy to take with you anywhere. Hidden Valley is 2 net carbs per serving and some other ranch is only one, but when you need something quick on the go it really makes your life easier. I bought small insulated pouches at an auction house near my home, and they are great to throw some veggies and a pack of ranch in with a small ice pack. I've also used reusable ice cubes to keep things cool. Although it's not a dollar, Amazon has a small insulated pouch for 9.99 here: zipper pouch. Cut up and bag out your veggies for the week and have them ready to throw in your pouch and take with you! Another great drive-thru option is Zaxby's. They offer celery and ranch as a side!


#2 

Pork Rinds

These little babies were close in the running for 1st. I love pork rinds! When you really need something crunchy and salty they fit the bill. Plus they come in a variety of flavors ( my current favorite is buffalo). Always check the nutrition label because some flavors contain sugar and added carbs. They are also great to dip in cream cheese or chip dip. 


#3

Pecans

I love pecans raw, but if you want to add a little sweetness to your snacking you can make low carb candied pecans fairly easily. I like to use Trim Healthy Mama's super sweet blend for this recipe.  You can buy it online by clicking here. To make them just whip up an egg white ( about one egg white to every cup of pecans) and toss them in a half and half mixture of cinnamon and super sweet blend. Then, roast them on a sprayed cookie sheet at 325 for about 15 minutes. 

#4

"Fluff"

I don't know if this is an appropriate name, but it's definitely its name in our house. I use my KitchenAid mixer and wire whip attachment to beat together 1oz cream cheese, 1TBS heavy whipping cream, and some liquid stevia drops ( one good squirt does it). It's a quick, sweet treat. I adapted it for my husband by adding peanut butter. I usually do 4oz of cream cheese, 4 TBS heavy cream, 4 squirts of stevia, and a half a cup of peanut butter for his. You can store it in the refrigerator and it usually only last a few days in our house. I've found Skippy to be the peanut butter with the lowest carbs without getting fresh ground. 

#5

Cheese Sticks

These are so simple. Get different types and flavors and pack them in your insulated zipper pouch! Aldi's Happy Farms twisted mozzarella and cheddar string cheese is a staple in my house. Just be careful....too many upset my belly. 


#6

Pepperoni


I love pepperoni and they are a good high fat, protein filled snack. Hormel brand is my favorite, but from time to time I like to splurge and get the big pepperonis sliced at the deli (Boarshead brand is AMAZING). Just make sure you get regular pepperonis and not the turkey! You want the fat from the real ones.....plus the turkey ones are just disgusting. 

#7

Slim Jims

These are along the same lines as pepperoni, but they are such an easy thing to grab when you are on the go and need to grab a snack. A regular sized one comes in at 3 net carbs, but this is lower than a lot of sugar-filled beef jerkeys. They are at every gas station and don't have to be kept cool, so they are easy to stop and get or stash away for any time you need them. 

#8

CHOCZERO

I always loved white chocolate so CHOCZERO's white chocolate dipping cups were a low carb Godsend for me. I've also tried their individually wrapped milk chocolate squares. Get them both at www.choczero.com or on Amazon. 

#9 

Almonds

For me, almonds aren't as delicious or versatile as pecans, but they are still a great quick snack and you can buy 100 calorie packs of them for when you are on the go. They are also something you can always quickly grab in the gas station. 

#10

Cello Cheese Whisps 


These little light, baked cheese, crackery things are a great on the go snack. They come in three flavors, but the original parmesan is still my favorite. My local Wal-Mart has started carrying them in the deli section, but you can also get them on Amazon. I've provided you with an Amazon link here








Comments

  1. I love sweets!!! I will try the Choczero!!! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brandi's Low Carb Drive-Thru Guide

My Story